Saturday 1 January 2011

Begin Being

The first day of a shiny new year and I haven't moved from the flat. I decided the start of resolutions and such will begin on Tuesday. Well it is the weekend and we have a Bank Holiday.

2011. I was already thinking that at 11.11 (& 11 seconds) on 11/11/11 someone will send an email or facebook message and video themselves on YouTube showing the moment. I don't know what 'they' will predict for that "never before moment". Every moment is a never before moment, even deja vue.
Maybe I will set a goal and I achieve it by 11.11.11.11.11.11?

I mentioned heaven and eleven the other day and I actually think it could work. Stay with me here but I knew that I was going to make 2011 a year of my wellbeing. Lots of changes are needed to cleanse and re-energize my system. Given Heaven is a place of happiness and you can only get in if you're purged of (tox)sins, there's a tenuous link already forming.

So what have I decided to do? There's a long list written of good intentions. I shan't berate myself too much if I don't stick to everything but I need to change my lifestyle so shall start a regime of looking after myself mentally, physically and spiritually. The routine will be hard and challenging but I guess if it was easy I'd be doing it all already.

Here is said list:
Stop smoking (so far so good)
30 consecutive days of Bikram Yoga (yes, I know...)
Make the most out of my last 2 months of gym membership before I move (& therefore cancel membership)
Keep a food diary
Drink between 1-2 litres of water /day and keep skin hydrated
Reduce alcohol intake
Up the fuit & veg intake
Take a digestive enzyme
Meditate once/twice a week
Attempt to improve sleep and change patterns
Get out in the fresh air every day
Be more exposed to daylight - stop being a vampire!
Exfoliate once a week
Improve posture
Massage/treatment every 6 weeks
Hair cut every 3 months
Budget wisely and make sure that I am debt free by December 31st 2011.

Some of these I currently do but I am going to schedule time in my diary. I'll be keeping up the cultural visits of course and given that this year I have the mammoth task of completing my novel to a deadline (imposed by the publisher) and a tv script to work on, I guess the grey matter will keep active.

The biggest change will be to work a 4 day week so that I can make sure the book deadline is met.

There won't be the money for a holiday this year because of the move; living alone will prove costly but I am so looking forward to being in my own surroundings and having my own time and space.
Ah, time & space... there's that Heaven again.

No comments:

Post a Comment