Wednesday 5 January 2011

Orange Wednesday

Just thought I'd mention that I survived day one of the Bikram Yoga. I had a banana for sustinence before I went and it kept me on an even keel. I didn't wobble too much or fall over nor did I faint. In fact I quite liked the heat. I have a feeling I won't be able to move in the morning.

The room stank - mixture of sweat and heat - disgusting. I am so glad I have my own mat given the amount of drops I could see falling from many yoga goers. People don't wear much in these classes. It's like being on the beach but without the sea, even the carpet was sand in colour. The woman to the front/left of me was so supple and bendy and I envy her ability and her svelte frame. I want her body. Er,. no actually what I obviously mean is I would like mine to look like hers.
FYI: The woman to my right had the most ample bosom and if I were many of my male friends I doubt I'd have been able to concentrate. They were quite distracting. I tried not to look but as I couldn't see myself in the mirror and the teacher told us to focus on something, it was hard not to focus on her heaving bust!
By the way, is it wrong that I gave a sharp intake of breath not from lack of oxygen but from the entrance of an Adonis in tight lyrca pants? Good god, I am glad he wasn't in front of me as I don't think I could have handled that view. I am quite sure that this is NOT the place to pull so I should get those thoughts out of my head right now. I wonder if he's there tomorrow...?

Recycled the Christmas tree - is it bad luck to do that before 12th Night? I took its baubles and lights off on Sunday...

I wanted to go to the cinema tonight but it seems Somewhere is nowhere to be found. It left my local cinemas last week and didn't fancy any of the other offerings. Speaking of orange (which I sort of was) I bought a pineapple today. A bit like the missing film, there were no oranges in the supermarket I went to. Just clementines, I actually wanted satsumas but I ended up with aforementioned pineapple, bananas, kiwi fruits & blueberries. Didn't stop me eating a bar (albeit small) of plain chocolate.
I wanted serotonin release to cheer myself up from the weight gain the scales told me about this morning.
Yes I know, weight talk is boring.
Last year I managed to put on half a stone on a 3 week trip to South America that I never shifted. In the last 3 weeks I gained a further 4 so I'm on a mission. Maybe I need to eat all the unhealthy things and drink all the booze in the flat as temptation versus willpower in January is very difficult.
I always have a theory and repeat it every year. Repeat in words that is, not in practice: "I will lose weight in the summer when it's all salads and fruit". Of course it's also the long evenings down the pub with wine, pimms and cocktails. Then comes winter where I tell myself "I shall lose the summer weight with my homemade soups and detox plan." The plan usually ends up being fuelling my cold body. If I get a cold I feed the cold (as oppose to starving the fever that sod's law doesn't allow me to catch).

I don't diet. I don't believe in diets so it will be a laborious task of calorie counting, watching fat content (in my food in case you started going off on some kind of weird tangent), less booze, eating celery and drinking nettle tea. Plus exercise of course. This may require me digging out photos of celebrities in bikinis that I can pin to the fridge. Failing that I could always just take a photo of that woman at Bikram yoga...

1 comment: