Tuesday 4 January 2011

Delete this at your peril.

It's freezing! I won't be freezing tomorrow when I start my first Bikram Yoga class in 100 degree (F) heat. I hope I don't faint.
I went to the gym today to flex myself a bit - also hope I don't ache for the first lesson. (Still no smoking and can't say I've missed one yet).This is what I need for class:
To wear: vest/cropped top and shorts or snug fitting yoga pants - check.
Yoga mat - check.
A bottle of water - well, I have a small empty bottle at the moment but think I may need to buy a bigger one en route - not check.
No need for footwear.

It says to take 2 bath towels, 1 for practising on and 1 for showering but I have my own mat and live 2 minutes away. I bet I take at least one anyway to show that I have read my instructions.

Culture 2011 is off to a fine start.
Yesterday I watched a great film that I suspect I cannot yet tell you about. When I can I will. It was amazing...

Last night I went to the Winter Wonderland and immediately regretted not using my preferred search engine to look it up as I would have taken my camera. We watched the Cirque d'Hiver which was quite dark. The most impressive parts were the trapeze type acrobat and the Wheel of Death.
For next year I can recommend the Jamie Oliver food area. I had the most delectable Salt Beef, mustard mayo and rocket bun and it came with a mulled wine. The plastic cutlery looked real. It even looked more authentic than his 30 minute recipes on closer inspection.

I decided to go back again tonight as it was the final night armed with my camera. Me, my friend and her Mum went on the Ghost Train and laughed at how bad it was. The "fun house" was more scary as we witnessed a poor girl stuck in between a maze of mirrors. She was visible to us and we could see her crying her eyes out the poor thing. Of course it was ever so slightly amusing but so traumatising for her.





If you do pay a visit this December be sure to take "real money" with you. Some stall vendors were none too impressed with coins and insisted on notes but were not prepared to lower their prices for the favour. Oh actually, I did get a pound off an item; I bartered while waving some "real money" his way.

Right, I'm off to bed because I am too cold to stay up and I want to read some more of my borrowed from Vicki book... Delete This At Your Peril - hilarious!

Hmmm do you think I should take some measurements before I embark on the 30 consecutive days of yoga?

No comments:

Post a Comment