Friday 31 December 2010

Out with the old...

In with the new...

So here it is, the end of 2010; a year I renamed "Starting Again" because it rhymes. 2011? Heaven? We shall see.

This time last year was quite a big deal for me. It was one of those few occasions where the end of the year was huge. Usually I say 'it's just one second of time sweeping into a new year with no significance other than that'. Last year however was very much a case of being so glad to see the back of my annus horribilis and although that sounds like a painful condition of the rectum, we all know thanks to the Queen's Speech from a few years back it isn't.
2009 was a shocker and I hugged in 2010 and hoped it would hug me back.
2010 was a year of men. I know how that sounds but it was. I didn't fall in love with any but I dated, I snogged, I gave my number out and embraced singledom for the first time. It was fun.

I had highs and lows but reconnected with old familiar feelings and did an awful lot of soul searching. I have ended the year in a much more positive place than 12 months ago. Don't get me wrong, last new year's eve was spent with friends and was unexpectedly great but there was sorrow and tears; it couldn't be avoided.

I am now looking forward to 2011 and all that it throws at me. Let's face it, life tends to throw stuff at us so it wouldn't feel right for me to ignore that 'stuff' but hopefully I'm ready for anything.

I'd like to ackowledge some of the curveballs my nearest & dearest had to contend with too and admire their courage and bravery in the face of diversity. Oops I mean adversity. In fact adversaries. Anniversaries. All of it!

I have used this quote already today but it's a fitting end to the blog I feel and I mean it to myself also:
"May you be happy in the life you have chosen"

Happy New Year to one and all. Given it's day 2 of blogging, I suspect it's just one...
x

No comments:

Post a Comment